Martinsburg Post 14
Honor past and present members of the Armed Forces, First Responders, Nurses, Doctors & Health Care Professionals by sponsoring a Hometown Heroes Banner!
Participants in the “Hometown Heroes Banner Program” will be able to honor their hometown hero, by sponsoring and purchasing a custom banner from the Martinsburg American Legion Post 14.
New for 2024!
Larger Banners: From 18X36 to 24X48.
New Locations: Route 11 from the Virginia Line to the Maryland Line.
Extended Display period in some locations. Memorial Day to Memorial Day.
The cost of the twenty-four by forty-eight inch (24X48) banner will be $225, with a portion of the proceeds to be administered by Martinsburg American Legion Post 14 to benefit local veterans.
Banners within the City of Martinsburg will be displayed from Memorial Day through Veterans Day.
Banners placed in Berkeley County will be displayed for one year beginning just prior to Memorial Day.
All program sponsors will receive their banner at the end of the program period.
- Active, retired, or honorably discharged members of the United States Armed Forces or First Responders or Health Care Professionals
- A current City of Martinsburg Resident OR Berkeley County Resident OR Graduated from a High School within Berkeley County OR An immediate family member of a current resident (spouse, parent, sibling, child or child-in-law, or grandchild)
- Information submitted will be vetted by the Martinsburg American Legion Banner committee and is based on the “Honor System”. DD-214 verification may be required for Military members in some cases when applicable.
- Banner applications are first come first serve.
- Final Eligibility determinations are decided by the Martinsburg American Legion Banner Committee.
Locations for displaying banners within the City of Martinsburg will be determined by the City of Martinsburg.
Locations for displaying banners outside of the City of Martinsburg within Berkeley County will be determined by the availability of approved poles. Martinsburg Post 14 American Legion Hometown Heroes Banner Program Committee will make every effort to accommodate generalized requested banner locations.
(i.e. Inwood Area, Falling Waters area ect.)
Sponsors will be notified of the location of their sponsored banner.
To Purchase a Banner download the application and follow the instructions.
As an ongoing program, applications will be accepted at any time by those who wish to sponsor a banner. After all available spaces are filled, a waitlist will be maintained on a first-come first served basis.
The Martinsburg American Legion Post 14 is not responsible for damaged banners due to Vandalism, Acts of God, or Weathering.